Monday, March 10, 2008
Heluva Good Pasta Bake
Winter returned. Joan remembered an easy to prepare meal that she had not made in sometime. But the recipe could not found - in the kitchen cupboard cookbook, in the computer files, in the stack of miscellaneous papers in the reading room.
The World Wide Web to the rescue. Googled Heluva Good Cheese and there it was.
Joan made this dish which warmed the cockles of our hearts as winter attempts to leave Central New York.
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
* 4 cups (11 oz.) medium pasta shells
* 10 oz. package fresh spinach, rinsed and coarsely chopped
* 3 cups (12 oz.) Heluva Good!® Cheddar Cheese, grated
* 1 cup Heluva Good!® Sour Cream
* 1 13-3/4 oz. can artichoke hearts in brine, drained and quartered
* 1 14-1/2 oz. can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
Cook pasta in an 8 quart (2 gallon) pot of rapidly boiling salted water. After 5 minutes, add spinach and cook both until pasta is done, about 6-8 minutes total. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Combine pasta/spinach mixture with remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Serve piping hot.